Action Taken Report for 2021-2022
1. Furniture & fixture and computers were purchased.
2. Educational excursion by various lab based departments was conducted.
3. The college successfully organized COVID 19 vaccination camp in collaboration with the CMOH, Paschim Barddhaman District, West Bengal.
4. Due to prolonged closure of the college during the COVID 19 pandemic situation, a substantial amount of renovation & development work, along with some procurement and repairing of laboratory equipment was needed. It has partially addressed with available funds and much more has to be done.
5. Reconstitution of IQAC was done by the competent authority and Prof. Arunabha Bandyopadhyay was selected as the coordinator of the newly formed IQAC.
6. World Environment Day, Rabindra Jayanti, No Tobacco Day were observed. Various activities involving the students also conducted.
7. Ph.D programmes in the departments of Zoology, Hindi, Bengali and Chemistry was introduced.
8. CAS promotion of a substantial number of eligible incumbents was processed.
9. IQAC has chalked out a work plan for the NAAC steering committee.
10. Prof. Apurba Ratan Ghosh, Professor and Ex-director IQAC, The University of Burdwan, was invited to deliver a lecture on updated NAAC procedure.
Action Taken Report for 2021-2020
1. A psychological counseling cell was formed to provide virtual psychological counseling for the mentally depressed students during the pandemic period.
2. E-learning portal of the college was regularly updated as per the demand of the pandemic situation.
3. Hand sanitizer which was prepared in the chemistry laboratory of the college and was distributed by Ramkrishna Mission, Asansol and Asansol Municipal Corporation, to the needy section of the locality.
4. Series of webinars (national and international) were conducted on COVID 19 and other academic issues by various departments.
5. A COVID Cell was formed as per the direction of Govt. of West Bengal for maintaining the COVID 19 protocols and related issues.
6. Admission of students for the new academic session was conducted via online mode, through the college portal.
7. A NAAC Steering Committee was formed to guide and monitor the NAAC visit related activities of the college.
8. A Data Science Club was formed to guide the outgoing students of the college to prepare them as per the requirement of the current job market.
9. The college provided institutional E-mail IDs to the faculties and office staffs through Google Workspace.
10. The college initiated the Ph.D programme in Urdu and Geography.
11. Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) – KOHA was installed in the central library.
12. The Institution prepared three classrooms featuring ICT Technology with Wi-Fi connection.
Action Taken Report for 2020-2019
1. College campus networking with optical fiber cable and internet Jio connection was done.
2. Computer peripherals and Science Laboratory equipments were purchased.
3. IQAC developed an e-learning portal for the smooth conduction of teaching – learning process during the COVID-19 pandemic from May 2020.
4. Construction of Diamond Jubilee Humanities Building, funded by the Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal, was initiated.
5. Educational excursion was done by various department departments like Education department, Geology, Geography, Hindi, Botany etc.
6. IQAC of the college has successfully organized a Webinar on COVID 19.
7. IQAC of the college developed paperless online admission system with online fees submission facility.
8. The college authority has developed a user friendly e-learning portal under the guidance of IQAC.
9. Construction of a single storied new academic building, renovation of class rooms and renovation of teachers’ quarters was initiated under component 9 of RUSA 2.0 grant, Directorate of RUSA, Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal.
10. Procurement of Laptops, sports & gym equipments, academic books for the central library of the college was done under component 9 of RUSA 2.0 grant, Directorate of RUSA, Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal.
11. Online feedback collection system was introduced for the first time through e-learning portal of the college.
12. IQAC members guided the incumbents to prepare their respective CAS files as per the Govt. rule.
13. Academic plan of the department was prepared and submitted by the departmental coordinators to the IQAC.
14. A free coaching class to guide the end semester and ex-students of TDB College for appearing in NET/SET/GATE examinations was initiated.
Action Taken Report for 2019-2018
1. Implementation of M.Phil Course in Urdu was done.
2. One Day Workshop on Career Advancement Scheme was organized by the IQAC.
3. Various Seminars and workshops were conducted by different departments. English department organized a national seminar, sponsored by ICSSR, in collaboration with Kazi Nazrul Mahavidyalaya, Churulia.
4. Educational excursions/ Field projects were conducted by the department of Geography, Geology, Zoology, Botany and Physiology.
5. A screening committee meeting for CAS promotion of the incumbents was arranged by the IQAC.
6. Closing ceremony of Diamond Jubilee of the college was celebrated.
7. District Level Environment Fair, sponsored by Dept. of Environment, Govt. of West Bengal, was organised by the college, in association with the office of the District Magistrate and Collector, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal.
8. Inter-state sports and games championship at state and district level, sponsored by the Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal, was hosted by the college.
9. NCC conducted different socially relevant programs such as – observation of National Voters’ Day, Swachchta Pakhwada (Swachh Bharat Mission), NCC Day, World AIDS Day, Safai Abhiyan Rally, Public Interaction for Awareness amongst slum Dwellers, Sit and Draw Competition on Swachhta Theme, Tree Plantation etc.
10. A research project, funded by SERB, DST, Govt. of India, was initiated under the guidance of Dr. Debjit Das, Department of Chemistry.
11. A research project, funded by SERB, DST, Govt. of India, was initiated under the guidance of Dr. Sumanta Mallick, Department of Geology.
12. Necessary arrangements were made to provide the benefits of WBHS ( West Bengal Health Scheme) to the faculty members.
Action Taken Report for 2018-2017
1. Implementation of three proposed PG courses in Hindi, Zoology and Geography.
2. Implementation of the proposed UG course in Physical Education (Program).
3. The Study Centre of Netaji Subhas Open University was initiated in July 2017.
4. Faculty members were permitted to participate in various courses like – Faculty Induction/Development Program, Orientation Program, Refresher Course etc. and different national/international conferences/seminars required for their career advancement scheme.
5. Water purifying system, laboratory instruments, computer and associated accessories were purchased.
6. As per RUSA guidelines project report was prepared and necessary steps were taken for the procurement of different equipment through e-tender portal of West Bengal Govt.
7. After the NAAC accreditation a sum of Rs. 2 crores were received under the RUSA 2.0 component 9 grant. For this a purpose a project monitoring unit was formed and a bank account was opened as per RUSA guidelines.
8. Diamond Jubilee of the college (1957 – 2017) was celebrated.
9. Inter College Youth Parliament, sponsored by the Department of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of West Bengal, was organized by the college in collaboration with office of the District Magistrate and District Collector, Paschim Bardhaman.
10. A National Seminar, organized by Chemistry Department on ‘Frontiers of Chemical Sciences (NSFCS-2018)’, funded by SERB, DST, Govt. of India was organized.
11. A one-day national seminar sponsored by the West Bengal Urdu Academy was conducted by the department of Urdu.
12. The National Service Scheme (Unit I and II) of the college, in collaboration with Lions Club of Raniganj planted trees in the college campus. Apart from that, it also conducted different programs like seminars on socially relevant issues like Dengue and AIDS awareness, Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Blood donation utility, Thyroid Awareness, Cleaning Program etc. was organized
13. Jiyonkathi, an extension program undertaken by the college, took various initiatives for the holistic development of economically challenged children at primary level, residing in the locality.